Since Christmas is just upon us, I wanted to make something healthy for brunch because who knows what I will be eating over the next few days. I saw a similar recipe to this and decided to make my own. With the bowl of fruit, it was filling, healthy, delicious, and very satisfying. I can’t wait to make this again soon!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked broccoli (this may seem like a lot but I love broccoli; if you don’t, use 1/4 cup or however much you want to)
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Pat of butter
- In a small frying pan, melt butter.
- Crack eggs in and whisk up. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Let eggs cook, when they start to firm a bit, add cheese on top. I cut cheese slices in half and alternate them so that they mostly cover the egg (picture will follow next time I make this :)).
- When you can tell eggs are cooked through and cheese is mostly melted, top with broccoli. Fold the omelet in half and enjoy!!