Pure deliciousness is the only way the describe this dish that we made in class the other night. The combination of bacon and clams is unlike anything I have ever tasted before. If you are a clam lover, then you need to make this… you will not be disappointed!
Yield: 12 clams
- 1 1/3 slices bacon
- 1/3 oz. onion, minced
- 1/3 oz. red bell pepper, minced
- 1/3 oz. green bell pepper, minced
- 2 oz. whole butter •1/3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2/3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- TT, Tabasco sauce
- 12 clams, scrubbed
- 2/3 oz. fresh bread crumbs
- Fry the bacon until well done. Drain the fat, reserving 2/3 tbsp.
- Sauté the onion and bell peppers in the bacon fat until tender. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Combine 1 1/3 oz. butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, bacon pieces, and the sautéed vegetables and chill.
- Open the clams, leaving the meat in the bottom shell. Top each clam with 1 tsp. of the seasoned butter. Melt 2/3 oz. of the seasoned butter in a sauté pan and toss the bread crumbs in the butter. Top each clam with a portion of the bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until light brown and bubbling, approximately 10 minutes. Serve immediately.