I know, I know. I am obsessed with pumpkin! But in all honesty, there are just a couple months of the year in the fall that are all about pumpkin! I love the original rice krispie treats and I was craving them today and thought it would be fun to make them pumpkin flavored. So I added in some pumpkin pie spice and the result was absolutely so delicious! I can’t wait to make these again soon to share with my friends!
Here is my recipe:
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cooking spray for greasing baking dish (I use PAM)
- Spray PAM in large baking dish so that it coats the bottom and sides.
- Melt butter in a large pot on low heat.
- When butter is melted, add marshmallows in and continue to cook on low heat so that they melt completely.
- When marshmallows have melted, add pumpkin pie spice and mix in.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies and stir everything together well.
- Carefully press the rice krispie mixture into the baking dish so that it is spread evenly throughout.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving- this is the hard part!
Note: I like my rice krispie treats super gooey so I add more of a butter-marshmallow-rice krispie ratio than most people do. This recipe makes a lot of rice krispie treats, so you can half it to make less or half it again to make even less. Also, you can make them thin or thick, its really completely up to your preference! Use a smaller dish if you want them thick and use a larger dish if you want them thin.